Women Investing in Women (WIW) is a grassroots organization dedicated to changing the economic lives of low-income women and single mothers along the Wasatch Front by investing in the long term financial well-being of People Helping People (PHP).
The purpose of WIW is to leave a financial legacy by encouraging current investors to continue to invest in PHP, become involved in helping tell our story, find new investors and identify and acknowledge individuals, organizations and companies making a lasting difference for women and children in our communities.
Our goal: 1000 women who donate $100 per year or more = $100,000
100 women who donated $1000 per year or more = $100,000
WIW will offer 4 socials one per quarter in August, November, February and May
Each social will feature one of the following categories:
- Community Legacy Awards - August
- Donor Legacy Awards – November
- Volunteer Legacy Awards – February
- Employer Legacy Awards – May
Individuals become members by making a minimum $100 financial commitment to the success of PHP.
Other opportunities members will be encouraged to participate in or support:
- Attend quarterly socials to celebrate others who are making a difference for women and children in our community
- Invite other like minded women/individuals to attend a social to learn more about WIW and PHP and how they can get involved
- Serve on a committee to help host a quarterly event – one per year
- Identify and nominate deserving organizations, individuals and companies for each Legacy Award
People Helping People's Employment Program, through the work of dedicated volunteers and staff, is committed to creating an environment where the single moms we serve can and will flourish both in their careers and life. We believe that when moms do better, kids do better. When kids do better, communities do better, and when communities do better, we all do better.